The Knowledge Base
P2PE Bag Number Verification
The information contained in this article may be found in the document P2PE Bag Number Verification.
Adding to the security of P2PE devices is the chain of custody. To ensure that the device sent to a Participant is the device deployed by NCR and that the device has not been tampered with, the device is sent sealed within a tamper-evident bag. On the bag is a number that should match the bag number registered by NCR when the device is deployed. To confirm this, there is a P2PE bag number verification process built into the ePAY Portal.
Locate the Bag Number
The bag number may be found on the bag next to the large white bar code, towards the top seal of the bag.
Locate the Appropriate Account
Once logged into the ePAY Portal, simply select the account from the home page. If the Participant has several Departments (sub-accounts), select Departments on the left side of the screen and then use the Search Bar to find the appropriate department.
Locate the Appropriate TID & Enter the Bag Number
Once the Participant has successfully located the appropriate account/department, they will select the Manage Equipments tab. The screen will display the devices allocated to the account/department. Included on this screen is a field labeled Processor Terminal ID. The device’s TID Sticker should have a correlating TID listed in the Processor Terminal ID field. Once the line item in the ePAY Portal is identified, enter the bag number found on the bag in the appropriate field in the ePAY Portal and select Update.
After clicking Update, the ePAY Portal will provide one of two responses:
- Bag Number Updated Successfully – This means that the bag number entered in the ePAY Portal was successfully validated.
- Bag Number Does Not Match with AIMS Bag Number – This means that the bag number entered in the ePAY Portal was not validated.
Troubleshooting Issues During P2PE Bag Number Verification
Unable to Locate Terminal ID
- If there are many devices included in the Manage Equipments tab, try pressing CTRL and F at the same time to open the “Find” functionality. Enter the Terminal ID you are attempting to locate in the search bar that appears.
- Ensure that the appropriate account or department has been selected.
- If confirmed that the Terminal ID listed on the Terminal ID sticker on the device is not found in the Manage Equipments tab, then please call (855) 226-7337.
Bag Number Does Not Validate
- Ensure that the number being entered in the ePAY Portal accurately matches the number on the bag, as there could be human error when entering.
- Ensure that the bag number being entered is being entered for the correct account or department, and the correct terminal ID.
- If confirmed that the bag number on the bag is accurately being entered in the ePAY Portal for the correct account/department and terminal ID, please call (855) 226-7337.